Donuts are all time favorite dish of kids. This dish belongs to bread family. Donuts are prepared with common ingredients which are usually available in kitchen. The recipe is also very easy to follow. Dough rising takes times otherwise you can prepare this dish with in 20 minutes. It is a best snack item you can use it in many options like lunch box etc. Once you prepare this dish these donuts can be used for 4 to 5 days. You can make variation according to your taste.
Ingredients for Donuts Recipe:
Ingredients for dough:
All-purpose flour 2 cup or 200g
Yeast 1 tablespoon
Salt 1/4 teaspoon or one pinch
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Oil or butter 2 tablespoon
Water 1 cup Luke warm
You may add more water when kneading
Replace water to milk
Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
Choice 1 only Sugar
1 to 2 cup of sugar in a plate.
Choice 2 ingredients:
Butter or oil 1 tablespoon
Sugar 1 cup
Vanilla 1 teaspoon
Hot water 1 to 2 tablespoon as needed
Direction to prepare donuts:
- Take a luke warm cup and add into a bowl. Add yeast, salt, sugar, and oil. Mix well with spoon or beater. Then place for 5 minutes to rise.
- Now sieve the all-purpose flour and add into bowl. Mix gradually and add some more milk or water while mixing. Knead with hands around 5 minutes so that it become proper dough. Grease the sides of bowl. Cover the bowl with lid and set aside on normal temperature for an hour. This time gap will help to rise the dough.
- Now check the dough is risen enough. Press the dough to take out the air. Sprinkle dry flour on flour surface. Make round shape of dough. Now place it on flour and roll softly the dough like a flat bread. Roll the dough around half inch thin.
- Now take donut cutter and cut with it. If you don’t have donut cutter you may use any steel glass which has thin corner which will cut perfectly. To cut inner side you may use smaller lid of any bottle. Now rest it to rise again and cover with neat cloth piece. Now prepare icing.
- Take a pan for deep frying. Add enough oil to fry. Heat it on medium to high temperature.
- Now raw donuts are soft enough. So shift them carefully into frying oil. Fry on medium heat. Change the side carefully. When it turn into light brown color. Take out with spatula. Repeat the process for remaining donuts. You can fry 3 to 4 donuts at one time.
You can prepare icing when you rest the raw donuts to rise again. So take a pan. Add butter to melt. Add sugar, vanilla and 1 to two tablespoon of water. Mix well and switch off the heat.
If you like choice one to sprinkle only sugar then after taking out from frying pan dip in sugar and set aside in a dish.
If you like choice 2 then take out donuts from frying pan dip one side in to icing and set in serving dish. You can sprinkle some coconut powder on it.
You can make chocolate syrup and can dip the cooked donuts’ top side into it and chocolate donuts are ready.
Tip For little kids:
I have little kids. If they take garnished donuts their hands and face become pulloted so I added 4 tablespoons of sugar while mixing. Now they can eat sweet donuts while being neat.😂
Normal temperature means:
when temperature is in normal conditions like not too much heat nor too cold. In summer, dough rises very soon. So 30 minutes are enough to rise dough. But in winter, it takes more time like more than an hour to rise. I placed the bowl of dough to rise in oven which was switched off. It helped I. Winter to rise .
What si the secret ingredient of donuts?
Yeast is the secret ingredient of donuts. It is very important in making donuts. You can replace all ingredients in donuts like you can replace water to milk, all purpose flour to wheat flour and sugar or salt too. But if you remove yeast donuts recipe will be trashed. So yeast is a basic and essential part of donuts recipe.
What type of flour is used in donuts?
All purpose flour is used in donuts. If you don’t like it you can replace it with other flour but it will spoil the soft texture of donuts. The softness and cripsy texture depends on all purpose flour. So ifypu want to enjoy the original form and taste of donuts you have to use all purpose flour in donuts.
What makes donuts crispy?
First follow the ingredients ratio perfectly. Then fry the raw donuts on medium heat.this will help donuts to fry crispy. If you fry it on low heat it will spoil the texture and crispy shape of donuts. High flame is also not good for donuts. It will burn the surface and internal part of dough will be left uncooked.
Eat Healthy Stay Healthy